We are a traditional friendly village pub serving 5 cask ales (John Smiths & Sharps Doombar as permanents and 3 regular, locally sourced, guest beers) + a large selection of lagers, ciders, bottled beers, wines & soft drinks.
Our next big event at The Flyer is a Family Fun Day on Saturday 27th July , with all proceeds being donated to the Forces Children’s Trust (FCT) charity. The FCT is a registered charity dedicated to helping children whose mother or father has died or sustained life threatening injuries whilst serving as a member of the British Armed Forces.
The day will be an extravaganza of fun with bouncy castles, animal petting farm (supplied by the Sycamore Farm Shop), teddy tombola, adult tombola, cake stall, sweet stall, popcorn stall, plant stall, balloon popping, beat the goalie, lucky dip stall, Deano’s homemade pizzas (supplied by Helen Dean), BBQ, all day raffle (with the chance to win a 40″ flat screen TV) and a charity auction after the event (around 6.00pm). The RAF will also be supporting the event with a presence on site as well as a mini assault course for the kids. We are also hoping to put some live music on throughout the day and into the evening – the fun starts at 11.00am – promises to be a fantastic day !
We are delighted to announce that The Fenton Flyer has been voted the York CAMRA country pub of the season for Spring – a fantastic achievement to win this very prestigious award in our relatively short time here !
Home cooked food will be re-launched on Friday 2nd August and our new tapas style menu has now been uploaded onto the “food” tab. Food will be served Friday/Saturday evenings and Saturday/Sunday lunchtime (to be reviewed after a few months and hopefully extended to include Wednesday & Thursday evenings).
Regular events/facilities at the pub include:
– SKY TV (showing all premier league games, all FA Cup matches, all Super League matches, Sky F1 HD, The Ashes, The Open and all other major sporting events),
– Monthly disco/karaoke on 3rd Saturday of the month,
– Live music on the 1st Friday of every month (The very entertaining and locally well known Paul Jeffrey is next on stage with us on Friday 2nd August, 8.30pm start),
– Regular raffles for our 4 supported charities,
– Regular homemade Pizza Nights
– Race nights 3/4 per year
– Wednesday quiz night (starting at 8.30pm & including “Play Your Cards Right” – current rollover jackpot stands at £120+),
– Games nights, themed food nights, & Poker night (Mondays & Tuesdays from 7.30pm). Dart board also available – more details on the “facilities & events” tab
– Potential of some weekend car boot sales in our large car park, now that the weather is improving !
We are very happy to host your private parties, birthdays, christenings, engagements, small weddings, wakes etcRoss and the team extend a very warm welcome to customers old & new.
Ross and the team extend a very warm welcome to customers old & new.